Trešnjevka cultural center – CeKaTe
CeKaTe is a public socio-cultural institution founded by the City of Zagreb. It is a non-profit, transparent, and democratic decision making cultural institution that has a mandate to develop and implement local and international community beneficial programmes primarily (but not exclusively) in fields culture, arts and (non-)formal education. Those activities are planned by the Council of Experts and include performative, visual, musical arts performances, workshops and exhibitions as well as public lectures, debates, forums, workshops of (non-)formal education and many other programmes for all ages and social groups.
The main task of Programme department is to develop programmes at local and international level in 8 main areas:
- Community programmes (workshops, non-formal education, inclusive programmes etc.)
- Gallery for architecture and design
- Socio-cultural projects
- Dance and Movement
- Music Podium
- Senior programmes (programmes for the elderly)
- Audiovisual and Film
CeKaTe is also known to implement open-air cultural and heritage events for the local community.
As bearers of cultural life in Trešnjevka, CeKaTe’s mission is to improve the quality of life of citizens by actively involving them in the world of culture, education and arts. Not only that the programmes are available to all age and social groups, but CeKaTe is also cooperating on the implementation of akin programmes with more than 50 organisations on the local and international level.
- About the “Trešnjevka Mapping” project
- Jane’s Walk in Zagreb
- International Jane’s Walk seminar #1 (2018): “A City from a Walking Perspective, Examples of Good Practice”
- International Jane’s Walk seminar #2 (2019): “Play the City Game, it’s never the same!”
- About Zagreb (Wikipedia)
- About Zagreb (official web page of the Tourist Board of City of Zagreb)
- About Croatia (Wikipedia)
- About Croatia (official web page of Tourism in Croatia)