Jane’s Walk activities in Zagreb
Cultural Centre Trešnjevka and its project “Trešnjevka Mapping” is the local host for Jane’s Walk activities in Zagreb.
“Trešnjevka Mapping” participates in Jane’s Walk activities since 2015.
Please, check our article about international seminar with the title “Jane’s Walk: A city from walking perspective, examples of good practice” which was organised in May 2018 by activists of “Trešnjevka Mapping” project with guests, organizers and walk leaders, from Ljubljana, Vienna and Zagreb.
Jane’s Walk activities for year 2018 are gone, we will be happy to see you in the year 2019. But, there are still some walks within Trešnjevka/Trnje city districts, please, see the schedule here (on Croatian only)!
Here’s the list of the this year’s walks and the walks in the past years:
- 04.05.2019. (Saturday), Saša Šimpraga: „Searching for the Schönbach garden”, meeting point at Gupčeva zvijezda square, 17h.
- 05.05.2019. (Sunday), Domagoj Augusta: „Double Dubrava”, meeting point at tram terminus Dubrava, public clock at the beginning of Avenija Dubrava, 10:10h
- 08.05.2019. (Wednesday), Goran Pinter: „Watching the city through the Fedor’s urban phenomena eyes”, meeting point at Stara Trešnjevka Park, the Fedor Kritovac’s Corner, 11h
- 10.05.2019. (Friday), Mladen Sokele: „Gračani: From a mill to a plate”:, meeting point at Spar grocery shop, Gračani 7, (tram stop Gračani, tram nr 15), 17h
- 11.05.2019. (Saturday), Mirela Ježina: „Living with Črnomerec creek”:, meeting point in front of bistro “Mitnica”, Črnomerec 37, 11h
- 11.05.2019. (Saturday), Nada Bezić:„A musical walk through the Upper town”:, meeting point at the junction of Ilica and Mesnička street (monument to Andrija Kačić Miošić), 17h
- 12.05.2019. (Sunday), Jasminka Klemenčić Zlica:„From Savica to Šanci: Where did they get lost?”:, meeting point at the Mosque, end of Branko Gavella Street, 16h
- 17.05.2019. (Sunday), Mladen Perušić: „A walk through the centre of Donji Vugrovec”:, meeting point at the church in Vugrovec, 17h (the best public transport connection is by bus, ZET line 261 to Goranec, at 16:10h from tram terminus Dubec)
- 18.05.2019. (Saturday), Lana Bunjevac:„Hiking starts at the centre of Zagreb”:, meeting point at the monument to Miroslav Krleža, beginning of Dubravkin pout, 10h
- 19.05.2019. (Sunday), Ivana Haničar Buljan, Jasna Galjer:„I live, therefore I’m living in Podsused”:, meeting point at Podsusedski square, 10h
- 19.05.2019. (Sunday), Petra Bilić Križan:„Invisible obstacles in the city centre“, meeting point at Frankopanska street, on the opposite side of Gavella theatre, 17h
- 23.05.2019. (Thursday), Melita Čavlović:„Factory follows city”:, meeting point at the entrance of Končar company, Fallerovo šetalište 22, 16h
- 24.05.2019. (Friday), Vanja Radovanović:„ORA Sava, Release channel Sava-Odra-Sava, University hospital Blato: The meeting points of the Zagreb’s socialistic past and who-knows future“, meeting point at tram terminus Savski most, bus stop for ZET line 112 fior Lučko, 17:30 (the bus leaves at 17:40)
- 25.05.2019. (Saturday), Ksenija Banović:„Dugave all around”:, meeting point at Oktogon centre, near the public clock, 10:30h
- 25.05.2019. (Saturday), Udruga Zeleni klik!:„In the search for the neighbourhood of our dreams”:, meeting point at Dom kulture Prečko, 18h
- 26.05.2019. (Sunday), Milan Dalmacija:„Lower part of Bliznec creek – a part of the nature in the industrial space”:, meeting point at tram stop Ferenščica, 16h
- 26.05.2019. (Sunday), Tomislav Popović: “Following the traces of the forester Leustek along the foot of Medvednica hill”:, meeting point at Spar grocery store, Mlinovi 79, 09:30h
- 29.05.2019. (Wednesday), Josipa Lulić and studentis of history of art:„Worker’s Trešnjevka”:, meeting point at the entrance of Baza cultural centre, Adžijina street11
In total 18 walks are planned.
- 11.05.2018. Dotrščina, Bačun and some other funny sounding words beneath Sljeme (walk leader: Vanja Radovanović), 34 participants
- 12.05.2018., Green dots of urban Maksimir (walk leader Daša Filipčić), 35 participants
- 13.05.2018., From a star to the Star (walk leader Saša Šimpraga), 41 participant
- 17.05.2018., Following Štefanovec creek – get to know the former eastern border of Zagreb (walk leader Domagoj Augusta), 17 participants
- 25.05.2018., Dugave, 40 years from the construction start (walk leader Ksenija Banović), 35 participants
- 26.05.2018., A walk through gardens of Prečko (walk leaders Young green gardeners, Zeleni klik! volunteers), 63 participants
- 26.05.2018., Along the Podsused cable car track (walk leader Goran Pinter), 19 participants
- 27.05.2018., Construction and reconstruction in Botanical garden in Zagreb for its 120 years anniversary (walk leader Mladen Perušić), 35 participants
- 27.05.2018., Get to know all sides of three-in-one Kozari, paths, branches and roman numbers (walk leader Jasminka Klemenčić), 28 participants
In total 9 walks with 307 participants, in average 34.
- 06.05.2017. By train from the river port to the airport or A visit to a biggest unused public space in city of Zagreb (walk leader: Vanja Radovanović), 32 participants
- 07.05.2017. Jarun, about the building for World University games, 1987. (walk leader: Mladen Perušić), 14 participants
- 12.05.2017. From the fountain to the fountain (walk leader: Jasminka Klemenčić – Zlica), 23 participants
- 20.05.2017. A walk around University farm (walk leader: Antonio Jurčev), 41 participants
- 21.05.2017. Zapruđe and Utrine – get to know the places where buildings are getting older faster than people (walk leader: Petra Bilić Križan), 19 participants
- 26.05.2017. All the roads are leading to Rome (walk leader: Saša Šimpraga), 57 participants
- 27.05.2017. The Workers Road: From the factory center to the center of capital (walk leader: Milan Dalmacija), 26 participants
- 28.05.2017. A Bear hill under Bear mountain (walk leader: Goran Pinter), 42 participants
In total 8 walks with 254 participants, in average 32.
Sudionici JW šetnje / Jane Walk participants [GP 2017.]
- 06.05.2016. Factories of Trešnjevka – a craddle of industry of Trešnjevka (walk leader: Vanja Radovanović), 47 participants
- 07.05.2016. IX gimnasium – in, around and on (walk leader: Sonja Lušić Radošević), 21 participants
- 07.05.2016. A walk along Sava at the western gate of Zagreb (on “S” letter) (walk leader: Andreja Kolić), 42 participants
- 08.05.2016. A walk through the City of Youth Granešina (walk leaders: Mladen Perušić & Miroslav Čulk), 32 participants.
- 13.05.2016. 5,13 kilometers of Kustošije at Friday 13.5. (walk leader: Mladen Sokele), 27 participants
- 14.05.2016. All faces of Bliznec creek (walk leaders: Anita Končar i Vanja Radovanović), 15 participants
- 21.05.2016. Peščenica archipelago (walk leaders: Saša Šimpraga i Anica Mazura), 69 participants
- 22.05.2016. Two and the half retentions of Sljeme (walk leader: Goran Pinter), 31 participants.
- 28.05.2016. The Smogovci family (walk leader: Milan Dalmacija) – 40 participants
In total 9 walks with 324 participants, in average 36.
Sudionici JW šetnje / Jane Walk participants [GP 2016.]
- 24.04.2015. From Booksa bookstore to the European square (walk leader: Saša Šimpraga), 42 participants
- 08.05.2015., Knežija and Srednjaci, from a village over suburb to the city (walk leader: Vanja Radovanović), 67 participants
- 08.05.2015., Leafy Zagreb – urban wilderness rediscovered (walk leaders: Iva Silla, Andrea Pisac), 20 participants
- 08.05.2015., A circle on Maksimir (walk leaders: Anita Končar), 23 participants
- 08.05.2015., Zagreb West – Podsused (walk leaders: Andreja Kolić), 25 participants
In total 5 walks with 177 participants, in average 35,4..
Voditeljice JW šetnje / JW leaders [GP 2015.]